- 2 days / 1 night
- 0 Reviews
- AZ, RU, EN, DE, ARB
- Family Tours
- 24/7 support
- Airport transfer
- Hotel accomodation
- Museum entrance tickets
- Professional Guide
08:00 - 14:00
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Departure to Sheki - a small city off on the forested slopes of the Greater Caucasus Mountains, a historical region in northern Azerbaijan and Caucasus Albania.With a rich in Islamic architecture, Silk Road history, Sheki is true travel gem. UNESCO's World Heritage Committee confirmed the inscription of the historic city of Sheki in Azerbaijan on UNESCO's World Heritage list, as an important city along the historic Silk Roads.
Sheki is one such major city that has kept its importance as a vital hub of trade along the Silk Roads since the Middle Ages which was a period of rich and diverse cultural development in the region. Nestling in the foothills of the Caucasus Mountain, and divided in two by the Gurjana River, the older northern part of the city is built on the mountain while its southern part extends into the river valley. Sheki's architecture, notably influenced by Safavid, Qajar and Russian building traditions bears witness to the circulation of different ideas and cultures within it. The Khan Palace, situated in the historic centre of Sheki, as well as number of merchant houses, reflect the wealth generated by silkworm breeding and the trade in silk cocoons from the late 18th to the 19th centuries.
- Tea break at Nohur Lake for 30 minutes - Nohur Lake is very popular natural attraction of Gabala for tourists. It is a place that attracts tourists all year along. Although swimming in the lake is strictly prohibited, there are many other activities enough to keep the visitors busy and entertained. Among them, fishing is one of the most common one. You can engage in fishing here for hours. It is also possible to take a boat and catamaran ride which is available during the day time. Walking along the shores of the lake and enjoying the landscape is also among the favourite activities of the visitors.
- Arrive to Sheki, hotel check-in
- Walking to Old city - with fan, beautiful and old styles of architecture, visiting “Yukhary” and “Ashaghy” (“Upper” and “Lower”) caravanserai dated back to the 18th-19th centuries AD
- 18th century Palace of Seheki Khans - a summer residence for the Shaki Khans. It was built in 1797 by Muhammed Hasan Khan. The palace was intended to house the Khans who were in charge of controlling Sheki, as viceroys of the ruling Zand and later Qajar Persian dynasties around 1750 until the time when these territories were annexed by the Russian Empire per treaty of Gulistan in 1813 after the Russo-Persian War (1804–1813). On 7 July 2019, the Historic Centre of Sheki with the Khan’s Palace was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Free time - souvenire and sweet shopping tour
- Overnight at hotel
- Baku - Sheki
10:00 - 20:00
- Breakfast at hotel
- Visiting 1st century AD Albanian church in Kish village - also known by different sources as Church of Saint Eliseus.
The church has a special status among Christian Albanian monuments. It is valuable not only as an architectural monument but also because of its outstanding historical significance. This church is fabled to have been started by the first century apostle Eliseus, who converted the site from a pagan temple to an apostolic church. The remains of bodies found within the present church walls, which date back to the 5th century, are on display in the church courtyard.
- Departure to Baku
- Arriving to your hotel in Baku
- Sheki - Baku
|Price per person in SGL room (USD)||200.00|
|Price per person in DBL room (USD)||170.00|
|Price per person in TPL room (USD)||150.00|