- Baku and Absheron Peninsula
- 10:00 – 18:00
- 0 Reviews
- AZ, RU, EN, DE, ARB
- Family Tours
- 0.5 ml bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Museum entrance tickets
- Professional Guide
- Hotel accomodation
Gobustan & Ateshgah tour
- Breakfast at hotel
- Excursion to Gobustan Museum and National Park - Officially Gobustan Rock Art Cultural Landscape, is a hill and mountain site occupying the southeast end of the Greater Caucasus mountain ridge in Azerbaijan. It is located west of the settlement of Gobustan, about 40 miles (64 km) southwest of the centre of Baku on the west bank of the Caspian Sea. Gobustan is very rich in archaeological monuments. The reserve has more than 6,000 rock engravings dating back between 5,000–40,000 years. In 2007 Gobustan was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visiting Mud volcanoes (optional - additionally paid) - Over a thousand mud volcanoes are known to exist in the world, and some 400 of those are in the coastal area of Azerbaijan. Geologists of NASA studying Mars planet, concluded that mud volcanoes of Azerbaijan are similar to uplands of the planet for their structure. The eruptions o volcanoes are used as raw material in the chemical and construction industries as well as in pharmacology. Volcanic clay and mud are used in the treatment of diseases related nervous system, skin and rheumatism.
- Lunch time
- Excursion to Zoroastrian Yanardag - The reason offered for the Yanar Dag fires is the result of hydrocarbon gases emanating from below the earth's surface. In the 13th century, when Marco Polo visited Baku, he mentioned numerous mysterious flames that could be found all over the region at various places of the Abşeron Peninsula. These fires gave Azerbaijan the moniker “Land of Fire.” Even five centuries after Marco Polo, French writer Alexandre Dumas witnessed natural flames in a mysterious fire temple. Only a handful of fire mountains exist today in the world, and most are located in Azerbaijan. Due to the large concentration of natural gas under the Absheron Peninsula, natural flames burned there throughout antiquity.
- Excursion to Zoroastrian Ateshgah Fire Temple - The Baku Ateshgah, often called the "Fire Temple of Baku" is a castle-like religious temple in Surakhani, a suburb in Baku, Azerbaijan. Based on Persian and Indian inscriptions, the temple was used as a Hindu and Zoroastrian place of worship. It was a pilgrimage and philosophical centre of Zoroastrians from Northwestern Indian Subcontinent, who were involved in trade with the Caspian area via the famous "Grand Trunk Road". The Temple of Fire "Ateshgah" was nominated for List of World Heritage Sites, UNESCO in 1998.
- Visiting Haydar Aliev center - one of the most beautiful building in the world designed by English Iragi architect Zaha Hadid.
- Back to hotel or other appointed place
Tour price: IN USD PER PERSON
Number of person in a group
Price per person
This tour don't including the following museum tickets.
Museums entrance ticket prices:
H. Aliyev center
- 1. In case the group will be more than 17 person, the price will be changed.
- 2. Provided prices are based on single trip. In case of transport will make several trips from different points, the prices will be changed.
For getting more detailed information please contact us.